2015年3月7日土曜日

Oh Shit, James Is Going To Die, Part I

One of the many reasons why I enjoy life so much may be because we are celebrating everyday because, simply put, we're not dead.  Yay!

From my perspective, James keeps on almost dying.  So when he doesn't (thankfully!!!) I am the happiest person on earth.  With a heart attack.

This has occurred a couple of times now, and one of them happened last night.  It has to do with this:






To begin, it must be understood that James like to take reaaally hot baths.  He usually sets the temperature to 48 degrees Celcius, which translates to 118 degrees Fahrenheit.  If you've ever sat in a hot bath for too long, or gone to hot yoga, you know the sensation of feeling light-headed and dizzy.

Here we are, it's 11pm on Friday night and James jumps in the bath.  After a while I wanted to join him, so I walk over to the bath and this is what happened from my point of view: 

  • I walk into the bathroom to join James for a bath.
  • The door to the bath opens.  James is steaming and is looking like wilted cabbage.  And very pink (quite the combo, I know).
  • James: "Babe...I've been in here foreverrrrr.  I'm starting to feel that light headed feeling like..."
  • And all of a sudden his eyes are staring at an unknown point on the wall. [uh, hello?]
  • His body seems as though the center of gravity is lost.  [Oh god, this is not good.]
  • He starts falling, head first towards the wall, falling back towards the tub.  [Holy crap, he's fainting!]
  • James' head smashes against the wall, his tall body falls limp into the water, his legs fling up as his body is limply folded in half and his bum sinks to the middle of the bath.  [Oh my god! He hit his head really hard, he could have brain damage!]
  • As soon as he hits the water, James starts vigorously shaking his hands in a scratching motion towards his face while saying "ahhhhhhhh!"  [Omg omg he's having a seizure! I know what this looks like, my dog used to get them! I don't know what to do with human seizures. Shit, I'm going to have to call 911!]
  • Amy, stay calm, don't panic!  My first reaction is to spray him with cold water so that he will come to.  I go into a robotic must-save-husband-mode.  I grab the shower and am whip around to spray him with water, when
  • James stops scratching.  He looks like a little boy, sitting in a little ball in the bath and his face white, looking up at me with big eyes and asks, "what was I just doing?"
  • Me: "you were scratching at your face!"
  • James: "Yeah.   .........And why am I in the bath?"
  • Me: "you fainted!"
And then James starts laughing, which sent a wave of relief/confusion/a tinge irritation.  Relief and confusion for obvious reasons, but because I was so frightened he was going to die that I wanted us to be serious.  Hahaha.

Things are never dull around here, as a normal Friday night can turn into me thinking James has brain damage, having a seizure, and dying in a quick second.  Have a good weekend! 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿